Dobwalls and Trewidland Neighbourhood Plan
What is a Neighbourhood Plan?
A Neighbourhood Plan is an opportunity for everyone in the parish to influence the Planning decisions that will affect the parish in the future.
The Localism Act 2011 gave people the democratic right to be involved in drawing up a plan for their local area which means that we can create a Dobwalls and Trewidland Neighbourhood Plan that truly reflects local people's views.
When it is written, the Dobwalls and Trewidland NP will
- be agreed through a local referendum
- give everyone on the electoral roll a vote
If the vote is in favour, the Neighbourhood Plan cannot be ignored when planning applications are decided by Cornwall Council, Planning Inspectors or the Government.
A Neighbourhood Plan can
- Control the way that land is used for housing, businesses, shops and leisure
- It can also protect green spaces and influence the design of new buildings
- Tackle difficult issues and support the things that make our parish a good place to live, work and visit.
Evidence Based Topics
- Allow the presentation of evidence to demonstrate the needs of the community in an objective way
- Ensure that the evidence presented is proportianate and robust and supports the choices to be made and the approaches taken
- Support the carefull analysis of evidence gathered and ensure that it informs key themes and priorities to be developed in the NDP
- Draw together related responses and to public consultation exercises (questionnaires/exhibitions and events) on each of the topic areas
- Allow us to use the supporting evidence to explain the intention and rationale of the emerging policies in the draft NP
- Ensure that all evidence is clearly referenced and presented in an accessible way, for the purposes of independent examination and for the benefit of residents, landowners and developers who wil be reading the plan
Useful Links:Government Guidance on the Neighbourhood Planning System
National Planning Policy Framework February 2019
Cornwall Local Plan 2010 - 2030